It’s relatively easy to obtain plenty of omega-3s from whole foods. Many foods are high in omega-3, below given foods are high in omega-3. It provides numerous health benefits, such as fighting inflammation and heart disease.
However, if you don’t eat many of these foods or not find in your area and you feel symptoms may be lacking in omega-3s, consider taking omega-3 supplements.
Here is a list of 10 foods that are very high in omega-3.
List of 10 Foods High In Omega-3
- Chia seeds are extremely nutritious, it is rich in manganese, selenium, magnesium, and a few other nutrients. Chia seeds serving 5,060 per mg. (Source)
- Flax seeds are small brown or yellow seeds. They are often use crushed or oil form. Flex seeds serving 2,350 per mg.
- Salmon is one of the most nutrients food on the earth. It contains high-quality protein and a variety of nutrients, including large amounts of vitamin D, selenium, and B vitamins. People who regularly eat fatty fish, such as salmon, have a lower risk of diseases like heart disease, dementia, and depression. Salmon serving 4,123 per mg in half a fillet of cooked.
- Cod liver oil as name, it is oil extracted from the livers of codfish. This oil is not only high in omega-3 fatty acids but also loaded with vitamins D and A, with a single tablespoon providing 170% and 453% of the RDIs, respectively (Source).
- Sardines is very small, oily fish. It is highly nutritious, especially when eaten whole, contain almost every nutrient your body needs. Sardines serving 2,205 per mg.
- Mackerel is small fatty fish, it’s incredibly rich in nutrients. Mackerel serving 4,107 per mg.
- Herring is a medium-sized, oily fish. It is often cold-smoked, pickled, or precooked, then sold as a canned snack. A grilled fillet contains almost 100% of the RDI for vitamin D and selenium and 221% of the RDI for vitamin B12. (Source).
- Caviar consists of fish eggs, caviar as a luxurious food item, it is most often used in small quantities as a starter, taster, or garnish. Caviar is a good source of choline and rich source of omega-3 fatty acids (Source).
- Walnuts are very nutritious and loaded with fiber. They also contain high amounts of copper, manganese, vitamin E, as well as important plant compounds. Used without removing the skin, as it packs most of walnuts’ phenol antioxidants, which offer important health benefits. Walnuts serving 2,570 per mg.
- Soybeans is a good source of fiber and vegetable protein. It’s also a good source of other nutrients, including riboflavin, folate, vitamin K, magnesium, and potassium. However, soybeans are also very high in omega-6 fatty acids. Researchers have hypothesized that eating too much omega-6 may cause inflammation (Source). Soybeans serving 1,241 per mg.
Omega-3 fatty acids have various benefits for human body and brain.